Thursday, August 6, 2020

Good Morning! It's been awhile...

I know it's been a wee bit since I've last done a blog post...all I can say is I blame it on life;) I decided about a week ago that I needed some small cross stitch finishes. Not only to help me feel more accomplished(since I seem to only like giant cross stitch projects ;)) but to make a few seasonal smalls to display around my house! The first one that called to me was Christmas Wishes by Tina Woltman!  I received the most amazing box of charts from Dora a few months back and this was one of them! I loved it the first time I saw it and wanted to stitch it!
So last week I grabbed a piece of mystery linen, some threads and began stitching! It stitched up super fast! I used a variety of floss Gentle Arts Apple Cider, Blackbird, Snowball, and Classic Colorworks Cherry Cobbler as well as some of the called for DMC. 
I finished it as a simple pillow with red ticking fabric, a prim style safety pin and added a double wrapped piece of jute that I then tied in a bow. I just love it! Simple and Prim!

Before I go, I thought I'd share the sunflowers that have grown over the past month..they are just gorgeous! My garden didn't do very well this year, I'm so bummed about it...but then the weather hasn't really been the greatest this summer.  So I'll start planning for next year and try again!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cross stitch piece! I love your sunflowers. I live on the coast of North Carolina. Growing sunflowers is difficult because of the winds and salt air that are constantly hitting us. So seeing the wonderful pictures of them make me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening is a never ending learning process! :-) Enjoy those happy sunflowers.... I'm already planning next year's garden too! Great finish for Christmas Wishes!

    ReplyDelete