Friday, April 16, 2021

Grey House by Threadwork Primitives - Finish

 Hello my Friends! I know, once again, that I've been remiss in writing a blog post...there just has been so much going on and not enough hours in the day! 


Yesterday I had a fun little finish! I've been working on Threadwork Primitives, Grey House as my morning stitch and finished it yesterday morning! I so enjoyed working on this one!
Once it was finished, I painted a wood frame that I picked up at the thrift store awhile back. I used Folk Art Paint in black. As I was waiting for the paint to dry, I took the stitched piece and laced it to a piece of mat board, that I covered in batting. 
Before I added the stitched piece to my frame, I roughed up the paint a little bit with sand paper..it gives it that rusty/crusty look I like. Then I put it all together! The finish was exactly like I imagined and Grey House now hangs in my living room. 

I stitched it on a piece of 32 count Light Cappuccino by R&R with the called for DMC Threads, 2 over 2.

I also decided to leave the date as charted ;)

Happy Friday!
Olivia xx






4 comments:

  1. What a charming finish! I love it! I know there is something very rewarding about the big finishes but scattered smalls make me smile. They are are quicker to get finished, less expensive and still rewarding and they can be used so many ways. A large pretty much needs professional framing which is not easy to get done these days here in Ontario Canada. Hip hip hooray for the smalls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please tell me where to get the Sally Spencer chart you post last posting. I cannot find it anywhere. Out of stock seems to be the common answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the chart is from Hands Across the Sea, based in England.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stitching and finishing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete