Friday, September 13, 2019

Glitter Village Finish! ~ September 13, 2019

I thought it might be kind of fun to do a timeline of my Glitter Village by Country Cottage Needleworks...sort of a slow unveiling....;)
I started Glitter Village back in December of 2018, with Glitter House 1 & 2. I'm stitching it on 32 count Raw/Silver Linen with all the called for Classic Colorworks except Bamboo...I substituted DMC 3865 in its place. 
I picked my village again in February and finished Glitter House 3 on the 13th...then it sat for a little bit in the mocking box of WIPS....
During Stitch Maynia I stitched Glitter House 4 as one of my new starts for 'Maynia My Way'...I finished it on May 30th!
I decided to add Glitter Village to my stitch rotation in July and on the 8th posted this progress picture...but never took a pic of my finish..this one is my favorite of the series and is Glitter House 5.
On July 22nd I had a finish on Glitter House 6! Yay, for a stitching rotation!
August 12th had a finish on Glitter House 7 and the roof of Glitter House 8!
The beginning of September had Glitter House 8 complete and a great start on Glitter House 9....also fabulous new scissors courtesy of Amazon Prime Day!
By the end of this past weekend Glitter House 9 was nearly finished...but with it being so close to a finish, I decided yesterday morning to just put in a few stitches...40 minutes later I had a finish!!
Didn't it turn out fantastic??!! I can't wait to have it hanging up next to my Vintage Christmas Tree this coming Christmas! The only thing left to do...is find a frame that is just perfect for it! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty. I always get a little bored when I am stitching a series and it usually takes me forever to finish once the 'new start fun' has ended. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! That is darling. And, I like seeing your WIP pics to see how you approach each of the series. I am thinking of doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my name is Vanessa I am a mother two boys I am also a cake decorator I love to cross stitch I am not an expert but I like to cross stitch when I have free time is very stress relieving I always cross stitch when I was younger like I school-age like 16 17 then I get into adult age and I kind of drop it a little bit and now I'm trying to pick it up back cuz I find myself starting to get stressed out with life so I'm I am getting in love with it again also I love Christmas cross stitch has love Christmas Easter Valentine's Day fall colors love all those

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name is Vanessa I am a mother two boys I am also a cake decorator I love to cross stitch I am not an expert but I like to cross stitch when I have free time is very stress relieving I always cross stitch when I was younger like I school-age like 16 17 then I get into adult age and I kind of drop it a little bit and now I'm trying to pick it up back cuz I find myself starting to get stressed out with life so I'm I am getting in love with it again also I love Christmas cross stitch has love Christmas Easter Valentine's Day fall colors love all those

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your finished piece! What size fabric did you use to stitch all of the houses?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, this is such a lovely piece, but I'm a little confused. Can you tell me why do you call it Glitter Houses? I've tried looking very close & don't pick up on anything that might indicate the "Gliltter" part. I really love this - thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete