Monday, March 22, 2021

Let's Try This Again....

I realized yesterday that I haven't blogged in almost a month! All it takes is something to derail a good plan, for me to get off track. So lets try this again..I'll also set an alarm on my phone(because I forgot too last time;)) 

Spring started on Saturday! The early Spring flowers are pushing their way out and it's a treat to see them again! I walked around my beds over the weekend while taking Freddy for a walk...there is a lot of work to be done.  The weather hasn't been very cooperative, we've had days and days of rain and our Spring Break(which is this week) isn't look to great. So hopefully in April I can get out and work my beds..and pick up flowers from the nursery to fill the pots!
Over the weekend I finally decided to work on my Jane Austen Quilt! I dabbled before this in cutting out the diamonds needed and luckily I hadn't cut out many, because I quickly discovered I'd done it wrong. LOL! My plan is to cut out the quilt over this next week and once done with that part, I'll begin assembling. The quilt is a little more labor intensive and will take lots of concentration...but that's okay, I'm going to enjoy spending time with Jane and watching my favorite Jane Austen movies while I work! My favorite is 1995 Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth. 
Jane Austen Coverlet Quilt by Riley Blake Designs

Last week, the hubby and I did a little Antiquing. The first time in over a year! We were only able to explore for about 45 minutes, but it was totally worth it! I scored some vintage sewing notions and my love of finding antique tomato pincushions has been born! I also found an antique ceramic crock that I have been searching for. 

I couldn't resist putting a cut picture of Freddy in! He sits in the chair next to me while I sew and looks at me just like this as I work....such a cutie!
I finally worked up the courage to fully finish Sally Spence by Birds of a Feather. I finished it in 2019 and she's just been hanging out in my box of finishes ever since. Originally I had planned to have her professionally framed, but after finding the perfect frame on Amazon..I finished her myself! She now hangs in my dinning room.

I stitched Sally Spencer of 32 count Vintage Country Mocha with the called for threads, 2 over 2.
That about wraps it up for this post! I have a finished quilt to show you next time, just have to grab my quilt holder and head outside to photograph it. 
Freddy on our morning walk today...we jumped outside in between rain showers. 

I've got my phone alarm set for Thursday for blogging...hope to see you then!

 

6 comments:

  1. What fabric line are you using for your Jane Austen quilt. They are really pretty. I like your cross stitch finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy the diamond template for the Jane Austen quilt? I've seen it on the Riley Blake website, but that is only for wholesalers. After much "Googling", I still haven't found it. I just recommended Pride and Prejudice to be included on a list of 125 books that should be read that our local library is publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you do and make. I know the days just fly and as I get older they are flying by faster! Thank you for taking the time to share your world through your FlossTube, Instagram and this blog. One of our sons & his family live in Silverton and I think of them when I see your outside pictures. He has been trying to get outside work done and the weather isn't helping him either.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! How did I miss this one on your YouTube! I love the sentiment! Sooner begun, sooner done! I am going down to my printer to print that little reminder for myself. When I started my blog years ago, it was Along this thought just not in those words. Eat your frog first thing in the day then everything else is easy! ( frog being the thing you really don’t want to do) See ya! I am off to print something... and maybe even order that chart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! How did I miss this one on your YouTube! I love the sentiment! Sooner begun, sooner done! I am going down to my printer to print that little reminder for myself. When I started my blog years ago, it was Along this thought just not in those words. Eat your frog first thing in the day then everything else is easy! ( frog being the thing you really don’t want to do) See ya! I am off to print something... and maybe even order that chart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! How did I miss this one on your YouTube! I love the sentiment! Sooner begun, sooner done! I am going down to my printer to print that little reminder for myself. When I started my blog years ago, it was Along this thought just not in those words. Eat your frog first thing in the day then everything else is easy! ( frog being the thing you really don’t want to do) See ya! I am off to print something... and maybe even order that chart!

    ReplyDelete