Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Winter Winds ~ February 12th, 2019

I know it's been awhile since I've done a regular blog post...I meant to!  My last post was somewhere around Christmas time and I'd had every intention of returning with updates each week.  But the best laid plans are always the first to change!

Last week I had a couple of stitchy finishes!

Winter Wind by Prairie Schooler..
 I absolutely love how it turned out!!

It's stitched on 32 ct Lugana that I tea/coffee dyed with the called for DMC Threads. I mounted it onto a piece of mat board that I covered with batting, then I cut another piece of mat board and covered it with some cute gingham fabric.  I attached both pieces together with Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Then I painted a frame that I found at Hobby Lobby, using red acrylic craft paint and brown antiquing wax.  Once all that was finished, I attached washers and magnets!  It looks super great hanging up in my dining room!

My second stitchy finish..
This is Love is in the Air by Le Chalet des Perelles that I stitched on 32 count Cashel with DMC Threads and Classic Colorworks Rosy Glow.  Such a fun little stitch!  Did I mention it's a freebie?! Just do a quick Google Search for it and you'll be sure to find it! Or scroll to my last post and click the link for it there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy Stitching,
Olivia xx

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I have a couple of finishes but really must get them completely finished off somehow, it is this last step that takes ages for me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kay!! I know what you mean about the finishing..sometimes it can take a while until you find just the right thing for it!

      Happy Stitching ~ Olivia xx

      Delete