Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Spring Has Come!! ~ March 20, 2019

Happy Spring Equinox! Our weather here has made a complete turnabout, yesterday it was 79! It's been so wonderful these last few days seeing blue skies again and having the back door open to enjoy the sounds of the returning birds.  So with the beginning of Spring, it was the perfect time to finish a little something stitchy!

I started Spring Has Come by The Prairie Schooler on March 1st and put in the last stitch on March 17th!  I'm super delighted with how it turned out and it looks awesome in the red box frame.  I mounted it onto to 2 pieces of mat board and attached magnets to the back. I also changed a lot of the thread colors!  Below is a list of the DMC threads I swapped in..

422 changed to 3862
3051 changed to 987
3746 changed to 3041
3809 changed to 931
3830 changed to 3328
3862 changed to 433
My house was stitched with DMC 347 & 3328

I stitched it on 32 count mystery Lugana that I tea/coffee dyed.

Of course I just had to add a sweet little hen and her cute chicks!  I'm so happy with how it turned out! 

That about wraps it up for me!  My adorable nephews will be here soon and I'm excited to hang with them for a bit!

Until Next Time!
Olivia
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love love love the hen and chicks!!! Just found you on Flosstube..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! I love your finish in the red box frame: such a perfect frame for it!!

    ReplyDelete