Friday, August 23, 2019

My First Autumn Finish!


Last week I finished Where the Bittersweet Blooms by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle and Thread, so excited that this little guy is my first Autumn Finish! Especially since we are mere weeks away from Autumn!
I stitched it on a piece of 32 count linen that I tea/coffee dyed and I used most of the called for GAST Threads.  I substituted Roast Marshmallows for the white.
I took a quick trip to Michaels searching for the perfect frame, only to discover my stitched piece was a weird size. So I browsed the store trying to find inspiration...and I found myself in the unfinished wood aisle.  A quick scan of the aisle revealed a cute unfinished chalkboard frame!  I scooped it off the shelf and the perfect pumpkin colored paint...brought it all home and set to work! A few hours later and my new Autumn frame was ready.
 After that I grabbed some mat board, a piece of green fabric from my stash, Autumn floral and set to work!  I love how it turned out! It took a little while to fiddle with the floral part, but in the end it came together perfectly and now it's hanging up in my family room...because there's no point in stashing it away until I start my Autumn decorating ;)

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I rarely do autumn stitching, I seem to go straight from summer to Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love everything about this finish -- the fabulous autumn colors, that pumpkin and crow (or it is a raven?), and the framing idea. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! I think it's a crow,but I suppose it could also be a Raven! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful finish! I love the stitchery, and your finish on the frame, and the flowers adds just the right touch!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you use your stitchery as accents to your home. Is mat board something I can find at hobby lobby?

    ReplyDelete