Wednesday, August 7, 2019


I had a few minutes over the weekend to FFO another stitchy project!  This is the August block from A Year of Celebrations by Hands On Design.  I stitched it with all DMC Threads on a piece of 32 count linen that I tea/coffee dyed.  I decided to mount it onto a piece of wood that I picked up from Hobby Lobby, which I then grimed up using antiquing paint and white paint.  I think it looks pretty darn close to old wood! Once my wood was ready, I then mounted my stitched piece onto mat board.  I also mounted a piece of black gingham homespun and yellow fabric onto two other pieces of mat board. After that I attached all the pieces together and finished it off with a simple black gingham bow, with a Black Eyed Susan flower.  Love it! I plan to stitch all the months and switch them up. 

2 comments: