Thursday, September 19, 2019

A Night Flight Finish! ~ September 19, 2019


I thought it might be kinda fun to show my timeline of stitching on my newest little finish...even though my newest finish has begun it's journey to it's forever home...which I hope my #tschalloweensmalls partner loves it....(we won't bring up the mini table runner exchange trauma from years ago and the email I received telling me how much my, then exchange partner hated what I sent).  So...I started Night Flight by The Prairie Schooler on August 19th using a piece of 30 count linen that I tea/coffee dyed, with GAST Blackboard and Orange Marmalade. I discovered that Blackboard had zero variegation and thought about ripping it out for something more grungy but I was on the clock and needed to get this one finished before the September 15th deadline.
  On September 1st I checked back in and showed my progress on IG...I also had to show off my new mug from Marshalls...
On September 11th I had a finish!  I would have finished a little sooner, but I ran out of Blackboard and had to order more from 123Stitch...I should tell you that I used 3 Skeins of Blackboard on this one! If I had to guess at the yardage, I would say I probably used 12 yards...
Over this past weekend I FFO'd my witchy piece into a small pillow! Didn't it turn out great!!  I stuffed it with some Poly-Fill and made sure it was nice and plump!
To the back I added my initials and the year...the stitches are a little wonky, but I wanted them to look that way to lend itself to the witchy vibe of the pillow:) 

3 comments: