Tuesday, February 23, 2021

It wasn't my fault ;)

 Hello Stitchy Friends!

Okay, I know I'm late in getting my blog posts up...but in my defense, we lost power for 7 days! It was all due to a nasty ice storm that swept through our area. It made a huge mess! Even now there are still lots of people without power. So I'm going to try and get back on track again! 

Once the power came back on, it was all about catching up with household chores...but once those were done...I fully finished Addie Sutton Sampler by Country Rustic Primitives. I had a frame that was just the right size, but not the right color and gave it a fresh look! I painted it with some Folk Art Paint in black and once it was dry, I took a piece of sandpaper and roughed it up a bit. Once my frame was ready, I dipped my stitching in a bowl of coffee to dye it and then baked it in the oven until it was dry. 

I stitched Addie Sutton on 32 count Confederate Grey by Weeks Dye Works with all the called for DMC Threads. I really love how it turned out! It now hangs in my entry way, under a primitive wood candle scones. 

The quilt that is in the background was made out of 2 1/2 inch Civil War Reproduction squares, and I adore it! I quilted it with swirls and paisleys in the thread color Mother Goose. 

Until Next Time!



3 comments:


  1. So glad you guys are getting back on track..
    Beautiful work my friend. Quick question, how are finishing your stitching. Are you lacing it on to form core board or are you using sticking board? Thank you for always inspiring me..Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work and framed perfectly! Looks especially wonderful on that quilt!!!!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative ideas for the frame and your stitching! I love the civil war quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete