Monday, September 24, 2018

Happy Autumn!! ~ Weekly Stitchy Update ~ September 24, 2018

Autumn days are here at last!  This time of year is my favorite and I look forward to it all year! I love stitching and making for the upcoming holidays....so right now Autumn/Halloween making is on the agenda.  Last week while watching a tutorial for home decorating I came across this awesome YouTuber who has lots of tutorials for wreath making.  The first video I watched was for a Dollar Tree Witch Hat and the tutorial was so easy to follow that I popped down to my local Dollar Tree to see if they still had the supplies I needed....they did!  Well most of them, I had to get different ribbon than what she showed in the video and mine turned out a smidge different...but I love it!
All told I think my Witch Hat cost about 10 dollars to make. So not too bad, especially when I find that store wreaths can be a pretty penny. If your interested in making one for yourself, it's not too late!  You can find the tutorial for the Witch Hat, as well as lots of other cute wreaths, on Country Charm by Tracy YouTube Channel.  

This past week I started working on a new cross stitch pattern called Hello Fall by Plum Street Samplers.....
I would have been a little farther along, but I kept messing up!  Either my stitches were counted wrong or I'd for some reason use the wrong color and only discover it when I'd completely outlined what I was working on...it's been a little frustrating!  But, I'm now at the halfway point and will forge ahead until I complete it.  Hopefully I will have this FFO'd by the end of this week and sitting on my fireplace.  I changed a lot of the colors to Gentle Arts Sampler Threads to match my seasonal decor better....I think it's turning out pretty awesome!  I'm stitching it on 36 count Vintage Country Mocha Edinburgh Linen.
This past week I also completed another of my Autumn Love Quilt blocks!  This one is called Bucket Block.  I'm still a couple of weeks behind, but I currently have the Scarecrow Block glue basted and ready for stitching...just have to find the time!  I haven't started making any of the pieced blocks yet, so I think I should find some time to work on those soon.

Over the weekend I began working on decorating my house for Halloween, it's mostly done except for the front porch...I plan on getting to that this afternoon.  My kiddo wanted to help me gather pumpkins and cornstalks.  He loves helping me get the house ready for the season and I like that someday he will enjoy showing his children the joy in each holiday.  Maybe I'll do a Halloween Home Tour this week for the blog!  Stay tuned!!

Well that wraps it up for me this week!  I have a load of Homemade Scrappy Pumpkins to photograph for my Etsy Shop as well as some more Grime Guards.  You can check out my Etsy Shop by clicking on the link in my sidebar as well as seeing what I'm up to on Instagram and Facebook...all the links are listed!  Be sure to follow my blog so you don't miss a post!

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the stitchy world!

Have a great week!
Olivia
xx 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment