Monday, September 17, 2018

Happy Monday! ~ Weekly Stitchy Update ~ September 17th, 2018

I know I'm crazy late with my Weekly Update...the past week was a busy one!  I had these two projects that were so close to being finished that I dedicated my free time this weekend to them.  I think you'll like them both!  Last week I did a little bit of everything...quilting, stitching, adding items to my shop and sewing.  This first thing I finished was my second Autumn Love block!
Didn't it turn out so cute?!  I know that the sew along is a few weeks ahead of me, but I figured to go at my own pace instead of going gangbusters on it.  Especially since I don't have all the fabrics and still need to figure out how I want the finished quilt to look.  I've been lucky so far, in that some of my stash matches the fat quarter bundle of Autumn Love.
I also decided to quilt one of my own quilts this past week that has been waiting to be quilting since last year.  I went with a free motioned curly-que kind of motif that allows the pumpkins to stand out and not the quilting.  All it needs now is binding and it'll be ready for Autumn!  The quilt pattern is the Pumpkin Seeds Quilt by The Pattern Basket.
Last night I finished Halloween Rules by Lizzie Kate!!  It was so much fun to stitch up and I'm excited to have it FFO'd for Halloween this year!  I stitched it with all DMC Threads on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha Lugana.

I guess that about wraps it up for me!  I think my next update might be Sunday/Monday...so make sure you pop back to see what I've been stitching on!  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today and don't forget to subscribe, so you don't miss a post!!  You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook...all the links are in the sidebar!

Have a great stitchy week friends!
Olivia
xx

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I’m crazy about all things pumpkin and Fall. I too am doing Lori Holt’s Autumn Love sew along, and I’m way behind. All the cutting ahead of time kind of blew my mind! Then learning the new techniques of sew in stabilizer appliqué and making bias binding...well...it’s been a huge learning curve for me. Your post let me take a deep breath and say it’s okay to go at my own pace. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! Autumn Love has been a huge undertaking! I almost chickened out and fused my pieces..but thought nope, I need to learn hand applique! I haven't made any of the pieced blocks yet and I think I should start thinking about those to, especially since her new Vintage Christmas book is due out in October!

      Delete
  2. Is there a pattern available for the Pumpkin sew along? I would love to make my daughter a runner - she too is PUMPKIN CRAZY :)

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari! The pattern for Autumn Love is free on Lori Holt's blog http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/ However you have to buy the applique templates and those you can find at the Fat Quarter Shop....they are called Autumn Love Sew Simple Shapes. Hope this helps!

      Delete