Monday, October 1, 2018

Happy October!! ~ Weekly Stitchy Update ~ October 1st, 2018

I've always felt like October was the kick-off of the Holiday Season!  The next three months are full of merriment, joy, good food and happy new memories.  I love it!  It also doesn't hurt that the days are getting cooler, the trees are changing and the house glows inside with sparkly festivity for Halloween!  Did I mention I love it?!  

This past week I spent a little time working on various projects, one of them is the Scarecrow Block for my Autumn Love Quilt.  I think he turned out pretty darn cute!  He's very labor intensive...all told I worked on him for about 3 days.  Not 24/7...but close! LOL!!  I do love how he turned out and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the completed quilt.  I'm still two weeks behind the sew along,  so hopefully tonight I can begin pulling the fabrics to complete the week 6 blocks...at least I think it's week 6.  
I had a fun finish this past week!!
I completed Hello Fall by Plum Street Samplers!  The only change I made was...I decided not to stitch the wording, I felt like it would fit a little better in the space across the front of my wooden box.  I mounted it on two pieces of sticky board, attached washers and popped it onto the magnets already on the box.  Then I arranged Autumn leaves and flowers in the box!  I used a combination of Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Classic Colorworks and DMC. 

I also added a bunch of Scrappy Pumpkins into my Etsy Shop!
They were all made from pieces of unwanted quilt blocks!  I wanted something a little different from the regular pumpkin colors you see and tried for a shabby chic look.  I love them all and even managed to keep a bunch for myself for Thanksgiving decorating. 

I also had a new start!!
This weekend I started stitching on Oct 31st by With Thy Needle and Thread.  I know this one will take me a little while to finish...it's got a lot of fill in stitching!  I just hope to have it finished before Halloween.  The pattern is so cute and I love the Victorian look of the witch.

That's all I got for this past week!  I hope you've been able to get lots of stitching in and are sewing everything that makes you happy!  Make sure you subscribe, so you don't miss a thing...all the links are in the sidebar!

Stay Spooktastic Peeps!
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment