Sunday, September 9, 2018

Running Late! ~ Weekly Stitchy Update ~ September 9th, 2018

Howdy Stitchy Peeps!


I hope all is well in your neck of the woods and that you are stitching up a storm!  Here in the PNW we are enjoying warm late summer days and cool nights!  I love that you can finally go about your day and not sweat a gallon and an half as you do it.  Everyday now you can smell and feel Autumn's embrace as the season begins to change...so love it!  The trees are starting to change just a bit, not too much, but just enough that you know those bright spots of colors are coming and soon the landscape will be painted in glorious color! 

This past week I did a little Quilting!!  I know it's been forever since I worked on anything quilty related, but I finally found my Quilting Bug.  A few weeks back the #autumnlovesewalong began and although I had most of the needed fabrics/shapes, I just couldn't get up the gumption to start.  Yesterday that all changed and I was able to get it done!  I think the coming Autumn might have something to do with it!
 It's not too late to join the SAL if your interested....You can find all the details on Lori Holt's blog Bee In My Bonnet.

I still have some catching up to do,  I think they are going to be started block 4 on Monday...so I better get stitching!
I made more progress on my Halloween Rules this past week!  I'm really enjoying this stitch so much and can't wait to have it up this year!  The hubby still thinks I should put it into a frame when it's finished and he might be right as I'm not sure they make sticky board to fit the size it will be when it's done.  I've started looking around for one, so hopefully I can find a good coupon when the time comes.

I finally FFO'd Spooked by Lizzie Kate that I finished stitching last September-ish.  I think it turned out pretty well!  I mounted it to a piece of wood that I picked up at Michael's a few weeks back and hot glued some Autumn flowers and leaves I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I used a couple of pieces of sticky board to mount my stitched piece onto and some black gingham to go behind it.  I also went ahead and hung it up in my family room, because it didn't make sense to put it away only to bring it back out in a few weeks.  I took inspiration from the talented Priscilla, her stitchy finishes are so amazing!!

Well I guess that about wraps it up for me this week!  Hopefully next week I can get back on my usual Friday blog schedule.  Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to subscribe to my blog, so you don't miss a post!

Happy Stitching Friends!
Olivia xx

You can also follow me on Instagram or Facebook to see what I'm working on...links are in the sidebar!
 

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these pieces. I am sitting with a fleee on this evening - so it is really feeling like fall here in New England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathleen!! The weather here in Oregon is starting to feel very Autumn-ish..more so everyday! ~Olivia

      Delete