Saturday, September 1, 2018

Happy September ~ Weekly Stitchy Update ~ September 1st, 2018

Happy September and Labor Day Weekend! 

For me it's the unofficial start to Autumn and farewell to Summer.  I think mother nature is ready for the seasonal change too, because a few days ago I caught that first faint wisp of Autumn in the morning breeze.  Then these past few days, as I've zipped about school shopping, I noticed some of the trees starting to change color.  To say I'm excited for Autumn to arrive is an understatement!  

I did finish a few fun little projects...no quilting ones....but I do have the background fabric needed for a little something Spooky, and I really hope to have some time to start cutting it out or perhaps even to sew up a block...so maybe next week, once the kiddos are back in school, I'll have some time to spend with my sewing machine!  I dearly miss my sewing machine.

Now for what I did finish...This past week I worked on a couple of new needle minders for the shop!
I think they all turned out pretty cute!  One of them is already sold, but I do have plans to make a few more this next week.  They will be added to my Etsy Shop hopefully tomorrow, but first I need to add a bit of sparkle to the witches hat. 

I also made some more progress on Halloween Rules by Lizzie Kate..

I think it is looking so Spooktastic!! I'm really hoping to finish this soon!  I think I only have five rules left after I finish the skeleton...so excited to have this up for Halloween!  The hubby thinks I should frame this one, so I'll look around for possible frames for it however if I don't find one, then I'll look around for other finishing ideas.  It's so cute though...I just love it! 

Yesterday I popped into town to meet with a couple of quilty clients to return their finished quilts to them and while I was at Hobby Lobby, I got some Autumn Inspiration!  Now I try not to overspend on craft items...the family has to eat and there are those pesky bills that have to be paid...and while at Hobby Lobby I browsed through their fabulous display of Autumn decorations, so many wondrous items!  The very first thing I needed to find was a wreath for my front door, and Hobby Lobby had many to choose from...but they were pricey!  The kind of steep price that when looking at one particular wreath I was like 'Seriously...$59 bucks?" Yikes!  I have to admit that I was pretty bummed at the prices and when looking at this one particular wreath I said 'I could totally make this' to myself...so I looked around for a wreath form..found a grape vine one for $4.99....then grabbed a small bundle of leaves for $6, flowers for $2 and a cute sign for $4.20(all were 40% off!).  Then while a loaf of homemade French Bread was rising, I made my first ever wreath!
I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I immediately hung it up on my front door, so now it will greet our guests when they come visiting!  I'll leave this up until after Thanksgiving and who knows...now that I've caught the wreath making bug, a Christmas wreath is calling my name!  In case you were wondering how much the wreath ended up costing me....it was under $20 to make!  

Well that wraps it up for me this week!  I hope you have a fun and safe Labor Day Weekend...that you get lots and lots of stitching time in!  Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world, I sew appreciate it!

Happy Stitching!!
Olivia
xx

1 comment:

  1. Great wreat and love those needle minders. I am not so looking forward to fall except that the humidity has been relentless here so that should break with the fall.

    ReplyDelete