Thursday, October 4, 2018

2018 Halloween Home Tour

With everyone showing cute photos of their Spooktacular Homes all decorated for the season, I thought it might be kinda fun to show you mine!  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I really enjoy making quilty/stitchy things for my home.  A few spooky things I collect are witches and of course...pumpkins!  I've been collecting my Halloween decor for about 18 years, I started when my oldest was a baby.  I should also tell you that my decor isn't on the grand and elaborate scale, when compared to some awesome Halloween Home Tours on the internet...mine is small potatoes.  But that's okay, every piece has a great memory attached to it and that's pretty awesome to me!
 The quilt in the background is Hocus Pocus Ville by Crabapple Hill and was the first Halloween hand embroidery project I worked on.  It's one of my absolute favorite quilts!
I love to collect witches!  I think they are all so sweet...even the less attractive ones:)  This cutie I couldn't resist last year when visiting Bauman Farms,  I had exactly enough cash on me to buy her at the time!
This year I made more of an effort to add some seasonal flowers and leaves to my decor.  I think it's helped brighten everything up and they can all be used in November for Thanksgiving!
One of my newest decorations is a 3 tiered tray!  I've wanted one for about a year now and on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby this one came home with me!  It was on sale for 50% off and only cost me $20 dollars!  I'm looking forward to decorating it for each season and holiday!
 I've only recently started having and decorating a Halloween Tree.  I think this is the 3rd year?  So my tree doesn't have a whole lot of ornaments yet.  When lit, the tree is such a cozy little addition to the room...love it.
If you read my last blog post, then you'll recognize this decoration!
 This one was a fun little stitch from last years Primitive Hare stitching club(don't remember what the club was called), the chart was called....Eat at your own risk.
My holiday tray all decked out in Autumn fun!
This one is also a Crabapple Hill design...don't remember the name.  It's not the best photo of it, the afternoon sun was bouncing off the car parked out front.
Some of my Halloween quilts!
Can't forget my front porch! 

My home stays a Halloween work in progress up until October 31st.  I've got a couple of quilts that will be added this year just as soon as I sew on the binding and quilt the other one.  I also have a couple of table runners to quilt, a few more pumpkins to make and some (hopefully) finished cross stitch pieces.  There is always something to make/do!

I hope you enjoyed this little peek inside my Spooky Home!  Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to hit that subscribe button so you don't miss a post!

Happy October!
Olivia
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment