Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Very Late Stitchy Update ~ October 21, 2018

Hello Peeps!

It's been a few weeks since my last update and since then, I've been doing lots of Stitchy Things...if you follow me on Instagram you would have seen that I finally finished my Oct 31 stitch by With Thy Needle and Thread!
I made one slight change though...I decided to leave off the bottom portion which was full coverage grass and the wording 'Oct 31st'.  There were a couple of reasons why, the first was because I was becoming increasingly burnt out on this project and didn't want it to become a forever WIP...the second reason was that I discovered if I left off the grass, she would fit in an 8x10 frame.  I used a variety of floss on this project ranging from Gentle Arts, Classic Colorworks and DMC.  The stitched piece is actually two rows bigger than it should have been...all-in-all it was a hot mess project with lots of it Frogged and restitched.  I stitched her on 32ct Vintage Country Mocha Linen that I picked up from 123Stitch.com.  I am very happy to have it finished!  Happier still that it didn't become a forever WIP!

I've also been working away on my Autumn Love blocks...I'm still behind a week, but I'll get there..
I have 3 1/2 blocks to hand stitch, but all except the house block are either finished or needing hand stitching...
Last Saturday was my quilting groups annual Quilty Halloween Party!  It was a lot of fun!  My nephews even joined us for the party! Our challenge this year was to create a Trick-Or-Treat bag...it could be any type of bag, so long as it was a bag of some sort.

I decided for my bag to make my sweet niece a Trick-Or-Treat bag and this is what I came up with..
I named her Madge!  Didn't she turn out adorable!  I still need to get this sent down to Vegas and plan to have it in the mail on Monday!  The pattern was a freebie tutorial by A Crafty Fox called Trick or Treat Bag Pattern.  I added a little gingham bow to Madge for a cute finish! 

I also finished a couple of Christmas Table Runners for the shop!

Two Wintery/Christmas Tree runners...



and a narrow Christmassy runner with golds and reds!

I hope they will find new homes this Christmas and brighten up someone's table!

Well that about wraps it up for me...I hope it won't be two weeks before I have an update!  My stitchy plans are to continue working on Autumn Love and my cross stitch plans are to transition to Thanksgiving! 

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!  Please follow/subscribe so you don't miss a post...all the links are in the sidebar! 

Happy Stitching!
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. The witch is just fabulous. I often change things on the design, it makes it individual then, also, a least it gets finished that way. x

    ReplyDelete