Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Some Progress and a Finish! ~ October 30, 2018

Happy Halloween Stitchy Peeps! 

I can't believe how quickly October flew by!!  Here in the PNW we have been enjoying Autumn weather and today the valley is blanketed in a thick fog layer...but I don't mind a bit!  I wish Fall would last a little longer than it does. The landscape looks so pretty with all the trees changing colors and I'm not looking forward to months of bare trees, with gloomy skies.

Here in my little corner of the world, I've been busy working on various projects and I had a little stitchy finish! 
This one was a little freebie by Lizzie Kate called Moon Over Blackbird...It was such a fun little stitch and very refreshing to finish something quickly!  If you've been following my blog for a bit, you'll have seen me working on Oct 31st and my struggles to finish it before Halloween.  I worked on this for about three nights all told, but you could easily finish it in a day if you wanted to....it's a very relaxing and fun little stitch.  I stitched my piece on 32 count Raw Natural Linen with all DMC threads.  With the chart you have two options of finishing the bottom with acorns or flowers and I decided to stitch the line of acorns across the bottom.  I used sticky board to mount my finished piece to and used a piece of coordinating homespun to back it with.  It fits perfectly in my clipboard stand, which you can still purchase at Michaels.  So cute!  Love how it turned out!!

If you would like to stitch Moon Over Blackbird, you can find the link here to Lizzie Kate's blog and the chart.

So where there's a finish....
There's a new start!  This one is Plum Street Samplers, Cinnamon Stars!  The perfect fall stitching project!!  I'm so hoping to have this done in November and definitely before Thanksgiving. I'm stitching it on my favorite 32 count Vintage Country Mocha with a mixture of Gentle Art Sampler Threads and DMC. 

This past week I also made two more Monster Trick Or Treat Bags for my two adorable nephews...

I asked Elijah what color he wanted his monster and he told me his favorite color is red!  I named this one Bob!

The yellow monster is Liam's and is nearly as tall as he is!  But I figure he can grow into him....I named Liam's monster Harold!
Both boys loved their monsters! 
I've continued to make more progress on my Autumn Love quilt.  I just have the squirrels, acorns and pumpkins to stitch down.  I haven't started this week's block yet or worked on the pieced blocks, but I will begin making those after I finish working on a clients quilt.  My goal is to have the top finished before December.  I don't know that I'll meet that goal...but I'm going to try my best!

Well I guess that's a wrap for my stitching....

I wish you a very Happy Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!
Olivia


2 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and finishing, I printed out this chart a few days ago to do. x

    ReplyDelete