Saturday, November 10, 2018

Over Here In The Land Of Autumn...November 10, 2018

I know it's been a few weeks since my last blog post...
I would like to say that I've been very productive, but it's mostly been slow progress on all my projects and working on items for my Etsy Shop.  Right after Halloween I ended up with a bad case of Allergies that slowed all my progress and I lost a few days, which put me a little behind on client quilts.  But next week I hope to catch up and finish the last 2 that came in towards the end of October.  Then I plan on quickly quilting three Christmas quilts of my own that have been waiting patiently for well over a year. 
Last week Allison and I painted a little Ohio Star Barn Quilt Block!  I'd been seeing them pop up now and then on Pinterest and Instagram and thought it might be kinda fun to see if we could create one ourselves.  I'm so in love with vintage Christmas decorations, so we chose a light pink and dark teal to make our Ohio Star out of.  I think it turned out pretty good!  It was a great little project to pass the afternoon working on.
I've also been making progress on Cinnamon Stars by Plum Street Samplers.  I think in my last post I had about half the house finished.  It's been a lot of fun to work on and I'm excited to hopefully have it finished in time for Thanksgiving.  I'm using a combination of DMC Threads, Classic Colorworks and Gentle Art Sampler Threads.  One small change I made was to a few of my pumpkins...The bottom row had several pumpkins that were charted in a color that matched my background fabric, so I changed them to GAST Fragrant Cloves.  I also changed the fence color to CC Bamboo.  I hope tonight to finish the sunflowers and begin working my way around the stars which surround the house.  I'm stitching Cinnamon Stars on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha Lugana.

I thought I had a little more to share, but that's about it!  Next week I'll pop back in and do an Autumn Home Tour.  It's not as grand as my Halloween Home Tour...but I have a few fun corners of Autumn goodness! 

Until next time!
Olivia

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to hit the subscribe button, so you don't miss a post!




No comments:

Post a Comment