Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A Prairie Schooler Christmas ~ November 27th, 2018

Good Morning Friends!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and lots of good eats!  Our Thanksgiving was a good one, my grandma came over and we had a wonderful time!  When Black Friday dawned, I was home and putting up my Christmas decorations.  I'm almost finished with the decorating, I just have two areas that I need to finish a table runner for.  All-in-all I think it came together nicely and creates a cozy place. 

Over the weekend I finished a little something!  I started working on Santa's House by Prairie Schooler right after I finished Cinnamon Stars and on Saturday evening, I finished it!!
While stitching Santa's House I kept seeing it mounted in a Christmas wreath.  So on Sunday I trekked into Michaels and picked up the supplies I would need.  In the week leading up to my finish I haunted Pinterest for ideas and it kept pointing me to Priscilla's blog, Priscillas2000.blogspot.com, where I saw so many wonderful wreaths that she's made using her finished cross stitch pieces!  With so many ideas swirling in my head, I tackled the task at hand and created my first cross stitched mounted wreath!  I don't think it will be my last!!....I'm so pleased with how it turned out!! 

I stitched Santa's House on 32 count Whisper Lugana, with all the called for CC threads.   You can find both the chart for Santa's House by Prairie Schooler and Whisper Lugana at 123Stitch.com. 

That about wraps it up for me!  Hope you have a great stitchy week!

Merry Christmas,
Olivia
xx

Don't forget to subscribe to the blog, so you don't miss a post!




2 comments:

  1. Very cute wreath and great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous ornament with the wreath and cross stitched piece! I would never consider putting a wreath around a piece but it works so well. x

    ReplyDelete