Friday, April 26, 2019

A Little Kitchen Addition ~ April 26, 2019

Hello Stitchy Friends!

This past Christmas I received a set of beautifully stitched hand embroidered towels from my Grandma, and since receiving them I have been on the hunt for the perfect way to display them.  I searched high and low for months, trying to find just the right thing.  Typing in different keywords and searching outside the box...well one day I found a few pins on Pinterest that were perfect...and they used..of all things...a vintage cheese grater!  In the first pin, they hung homemade candles from the handle and put flowers in the top.  In the second pin they had a regular towel hanging by the handle...So I merged the two ideas in my mind.  The only thing left to do was track down a vintage cheese grater!  You would think that task alone would be easy, but it was harder than I thought!  I even looked for the 'vintage looking' cheese graters at Hobby Lobby, but they didn't have any left.  I'd begun thinking I would need to haunt the Senior Estates garage sales this Summer.  Then about two weeks ago, I was having lunch with my Grandma and I told her about my idea.  I didn't want her to think I didn't love and appreciate her hand stitched towels.  Guess what? She had a cheese grater she was willing to part with! 
She brought the cheese grater over a few days later!  Boy did I do a happy dance!  But then I got to looking in my kitchen and I felt like, I really needed some new curtains to go with it...so Amazon to the rescue! I scored some cute gingham curtains that are edged with vintage style lace...and I love them!  Once my curtains were hung, I attached my cute cheese grater towel hanger...complete with one of the sweet hand embroidered towels!
I picked the one out that said 'Spring Time' to me!  So adorable!!
My sweet daughter Allison helped me pick out the perfect flowers to go with it!  They were 60% off at Joann's..a steal!
I love how it all came together!!  I used a Command Hook to hang up my cheese grater, so as not to put a hole in my cabinet.  Now I can change out the towels with the seasons as well as the flowers! 

See you soon!
Olivia
xx

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea. I am so glad you have a Grandma close, and that you can spend time with her. Look forward to your blogs and flosstubes each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea: what a treasure to have those towels from your Grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete