Sunday, May 26, 2019

Patriotic Parade ~ May 26, 2019

I always feel like Memorial Day is that unofficial start to Summer...the weather might not always agree, but it sure is fun switching out the seasonal decor for Summer Time!  This past week, I spent a few hours (late in the evening) giving a few of my stitchy Patriotic pieces a little phoofing.  All of them I finished last Summer and had a blast stitching up!
This one is Lady Liberty by With Thy Needle and Thread, I stitched it on a 32 count linen that I tea/coffee dyed and used all DMC Threads. This year I added a new red gingham bow with a little Black Eyed Susan flower in the center...
Knee High by Hands on Designs was perhaps my favorite stitch from last Summer!  I also stitched it on a piece of 32 count linen with DMC Threads.  The fence was stitched with one of DMC's variegated threads.  I also gave it a new red gingham bow (love gingham..it's my favorite color! LOL) with a sweet Sunflower attached to the center.  I also grunged up the frame it's mounted into with a little bit of antiquing wax.
Last, but not least, is Hello Summer by Plum Street Samplers.  Once again it adorns my vintage wooden box I found up in the attic last Summer.  I stitched it on 36 count linen with all DMC Threads (2 over 2 because I like the stitches to be a little poofy) Then I filled the box with my favorite Summer flowers!

Happy Stitching
Olivia
xx

My newest Flosstube Video! Don't forget to enter my second Halloween In May Giveaway!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog by googling Knee High pattern done in DMC :) Do you remember the color name or number you used on the fence? I only have DMC floss, I didn't realize when I ordered the pattern that it was all hand dyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathi! I just happened to be on my computer when your comment popped up! The DMC I used was 4140.

      Delete