Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Summer Whirligigs Finish ~ May 28th, 2019

Last week I took a spend a couple of evenings reworking and finishing a few of my stitchy things.  One of my recent finishes was Summer Whirligig by Heart In Hand.  I picked up the chart at my LNS, Acorns and Threads, and popped it into my Stitch Maynia plans.  
 I carefully cut a couple of round shapes out of mat board and mounted my stitched piece, as well as a piece of black gingham fabric, onto them.  Then I added yellow and red gingham ruffles around the stitched piece.

After that I made a black gingham bow out of some ribbon I had in my stash and added a white daisy to the center. Then I felt like the bow needed a little something extra, and I added a piece of burlap polka dot ribbon to the back of my gingham bow.
I used a simple wooden frame holder to display my finished piece.  It turned out so cute!  It kinda reminds me of those pretty State Fair ribbons...These little whirligigs are so sweet and fast to stitch up!  I hope Heart In Hand decides to do an Autumn themed one!

A few weeks back I did a blog post about my color conversion...you can find it here.

Hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Happy Stitching!
Olivia
xx

My latest Flosstube Video ~

1 comment:

  1. Your Summer Whirlygig is adorable. I love how you finished it and have it sitting on an easel. Well done! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete