Friday, May 17, 2019

Summer Whirligigs ~ May 17th, 2019

Happy Friday!

This past week I had to change up my Stitch Maynia plans a little bit...mostly because I didn't check my notes to see what I was supposed to start.  My new start could have also been because I'd recently taken a trip to up to Acorns and Threads in Portland.  While browsing their wonderful selection of charts, I found Summer Whirligig by Heart in Hand and scooped it up!  I've seen this particular stitch all over Instagram and had to stitch it for myself!
I started it on Sunday May 12th and finished it late on May 14th.  Loved stitching it!  I also have an idea of how I want to fully finish it...maybe over the weekend? I stitched it on a piece of 28 count Evenweave that I tea/coffee dyed ( used a few packets of apple cinnamon tea and the linen smell so yummy...just like Autumn!) I changed the color of my truck to DMC 503..I absolutely love it!
I ended up changing up a few of the called for colors...I followed for the most part the provided DMC conversion but for a few of them...

My color conversion
422 swapped out for CC Honeycomb
676 swapped out for 3820
3781 swapped out for 844
712 swapped out for DMC White
310 swapped out for CC Blackbird
The little blue truck is DMC 503
I really love how it turned out! I can't wait to get it fully finished and on display all during the Summer months!  I wonder if Heart in Hand has plans for an Autumn Whirligig? Guess I'll just have to wait and find out!

Happy Stitching
Olivia
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment