Sunday, August 4, 2019

Happy August! It's been a few weeks since my last blog post and for that I apologize!  I know I said I was going to try to be better about posting my progress and finishes...I just need to get into a better habit of doing it!  So yesterday I came across a stitch that I'd finished last Summer, it had already been FFO'd...but I wasn't loving the board that it was attached to.  So I gave the whole thing a fresh new finish.  I grunged up the board using antiquing paint, then once it dried I streaked it with some white paint that I had in my stash.  Once that all dried, I used a little more of the antiquing paint and let that all set until dry.  It turned out pretty darn 'old and crusty', which was exactly the look I was going for! Then I reattached the stitched piece and added a fresh new bow. It matches much better with my decor now (I have more Earth tones/antique-ish colors in my home) and I absolutely love it!

1 comment: