Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Oct 31st ~ Finish! ~ Oct 1st, 2019

First of all..Happy October!!  Can you believe how fast September flew by? I feel like it was just Labor Day and the start of a new school year.....Now for the stitching! This year I've approached everything a little differently with the main purpose being, that I want to make and finish more stitchy items for me;)
Last year I stitched and completed(minus the Oct 31st border at the bottom) Oct 31st by With Thy Needle and Thread. I dashed off to the store to find a frame, only to return home with it and quickly discovering, that the frame was too small....such a frustrating bummer!  So because Halloween was the next day, I put Oct 31st into my box of finishes and moved onto Thanksgiving stitching.  But how to fully finish it was a dilemma...that was until a Pinterest pin popped up showing a finish from the talented Priscilla from the Real Housewives of Cross Stitch! I knew right then and there, that it was the perfect finish for my Oct 31st!
I found the Trick or Treat sign from Michaels and mounted my Oct 31st onto several pieces of mat board that I covered in fabrics from my stash.  Then I had the hubby drill holes into both.  After that I cut 2 pieces of black coated wire and attached my two pieces together.  It turned out so awesome! I just love it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment