Thursday, February 11, 2021

Just A Few Things I'm Working on....

Okie Dokie, I'm back! Right on schedule like I promised;) So I thought I'd show a few things I've been working on over the past few weeks.  It's not everything, but I thought since it was getting late in the day for me, I would grab a few pics...and blog a bit!

So 2021 has shaped up to be the BOM Year! I have 3 currently going and I love them all!! This first batch of blocks are from the Forever More BOM by Heartspun Quilts - through the Fat Quarter Shop. It's the first time I've participated in a BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop and so far, so good! I was able to get all of January done and just today, February's blocks arrived!
The next BOM is the Temecula Album Quilt and I was able to finish the 3rd months blocks! I have all of the blocks for every month, as it was gifted to me! I just absolutely love it and can't wait to have it finished! I'm trying to work on each month about every other week and shooting for a summer finish.
Next up is a cross stitch project! This one is a cute little sampler called Addie Sutton by Country Rustic Primitives. I'm stitching it on a piece of 32 count Confederate Grey linen, although I have a feeling that it's actually a 28 count.  My piece is way bigger that it should be(I'm almost done with it now...this picture was take earlier in the week). I'm using all of the called for DMC Threads.
My weekend stitch, since the beginning of 2021, has been Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. It's very slow progress! But this weekend I'n hoping to finish the 2nd block in the series and begin the next one....fingers crossed. I'm stitching it on 40 count Vintage Country Mocha with the called for DMC conversion listed on the chart.

This past week I was able to finish my Best Friends QAL that was hosted by the Fat Quarter Shop and Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet. I made mine all scrappy with scraps from my scrap bin...which seemed to only grow! It was such a fun QAL! 

Well that is all the pictures I have to share of my progress. My other projects will be photographed for my Flosstube Video..which I work on tomorrow, so I'll have those to show next week. In the meantime, have a great couple of days!





 

8 comments:

  1. You're very ambitious! Everything looks so nice, love the Hawk Run Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every word. Thank you for getting me back into cross stitch. I love all the primitive stitching. Keep it coming friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every word. Thank you for getting me back into cross stitch. I love all the primitive stitching. Keep it coming friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Temecula Album Quilt on your FlossTube when you first got it. I finally found what was probably the last one available online. Will begin cutting it tomorrow. I love bed sized quilts so I'm thinking about adding 6 inches to the width and 10 inch borders all around with some sort of a vine type applique to make it queen sized. And after 25 years I've started to cross stitch again. My first piece is a simple Lori Holt design on 14 count to get comfortable stitching again so I can tackle something more detailed. Love all your stitchery projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always am so glad to see each new flosstube. Looking forward to you posting here also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks great! Nice to see your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is amazing! I love a scrappy quilt. I am enjoying seeing all the things you are cross stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Olivia!
    I love your FlossTube as well as your Instagram. Thank you for sharing that you have a blog too! You are so inspirational in all that you do. Thank you!!
    Plus I love see your pictures outside as it reminds me of my son Steve & family. They live in Silverton. <3
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete