Saturday, May 30, 2020

Quarantine Mystery Quilt Finish!!


Or Everything But The Kitchen Sink as I like to think of it! I finished it the day before yesterday..after many sweaty hours of unpicking...re-attaching..and then unpicking! But finally it was done! I did make one small change to the middle block..
I wasn't loving the finally mystery quilt block release. I just felt like with the one larger star motif in the middle, that mine needed something to stand out...so after flipping through all my quilt books, I found the perfect block in Lori Holt's Vintage Christmas Quilt book. 
I feel like the quilt is growing on me now that I've had a few days to ponder over it. I was really close to throwing it in the trash after the 400th time of unpicking a section...it wasn't my finest moment.  But I think once I have it quilted, the memory of those final moments will be a far memory, and I will fall in love with my quilt;)



No comments:

Post a Comment