Monday, February 8, 2021

Parson Brown ~ A Finish!

So lets try this blogging thing again....

I know it's been awhile since I last posted. I never intended for it to be so long.  I'm going to try something a little new and set a reminder on my phone to let me know, "Hey it's time for a post!". Then I'll pop on and share about what I've been working on to date.  Hopefully there will be a finish now and again to show! 

Towards the end of 2020, I started a cute little cross stitch chart called, Parson Brown by Notforgotten Farm.  I started it as my morning stitch. My morning stitch is something I started doing in 2019, it's supposed to be a small-ish project that I work for 30-40 minutes each morning. I figure it's a great way to start my day! I usually work on it Monday thru Friday, while my son is getting ready for school. 

Well I'm happy to say that I was able to finish the good Parson and he was my first finish of 2021! 

Over the weekend I went ahead and FFO'd him into this frame I picked up from Amazon. So now I get to enjoy having him out for a few more weeks and then he'll get packed away until next Winter. 

I did make a few color changes....

What I used is listed on the left,

DMC 839 for 300

DMC 3031 for 610

DMC 3781 for 612

DMC 780 for 783

DMC 3857 for 921

DMC 422 for 3033

I stitched him on a piece of 36 count Summer Khaki, that once the stitching was finished, I sprayed with some antiquing spray by Primitive Gatherings and baked it in the oven to dry;)

I'm going to shoot for another post to come out on Thursday...so until then...Happy Stitching! 


3 comments:

  1. I Love it! Thank you for the post, makes me happy. Great idea...the morning 1/2 hour stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finish Olivia! Than you for the conversion and sharing your wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete